Design Event is looking for a positive, enthusiastic person with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, who is able to manage their own workload and work well as part of a team. The successful candidate will have an enthusiasm for design, organising exhibitions and events and a drive to learn new skills and maximise this opportunity.
- Experience of developing and installing exhibitions or events
- Strong administrative skills
- strong organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills including Mircrosoft office
- Design skills desirable (InDesign, Adobe Photoshop)
- Good communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Ability to work flexible hours over the festival and install/breakdown period 23 October -17 November (festival dates are 3-8 November)
- Methodical worker
- Ability to carry out moderate physical tasks
Events / Exhibitions
Supporting on all aspects of events and exhibitions
- Supporting with exhibition layouts
- Liaising with exhibitors and designers on delivery and collection of works
- Managing associated admin, – loan agreements, delivery notes, condition reports
- Exhibition installation with Design Event team.
- Co-ordinating signage
- Preparation of exhibition interpretation panels
- Curating pop up shop
- Managing retail display and information
- Managing pop up shop stock and sales systems
- Supporting invigilation of exhibitions and events with Design Event team
Support with logistics for talks and symposium
- Organising travel and accommodation for speakers
- Liaising with venue on event logistics and catering
- Liaising with event partners
- General administrative support to the Design Event team
- Liaising with event partners, designers, volunteers and venues
The post is from 2nd August – 24th November 3 days per week with some additional days during period 1st – 8th November.
Salary is £17,000 pro rata’d dependent on experience.
To Apply :
Please send covering letter and CV outlining your skills and experience relevant to the post, to Karen Nairstone – Karen@design-event.co.uk Deadline 13th July 2017.